Terms of Service Agreement
This Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between you as an individual or business organisation ("you" or "Licensee") and Thunder Client ("Licensor") for the Thunder Client software and subscription (all editions), including any associated media, printed materials and electronic documentation (the "Software"). By copying, downloading, accessing, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and you warrant and represent that you are authorised to enter into this Agreement on behalf of yourself or your business organisation.
You also agree that we may automatically change, update, or add on to our Services, and this Agreement will apply to any changes.
If you do not wish to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you may not download, install, access or use the Software or Services.
Your Agreement is with Thunder Client Limited, Ireland.
We refer to Thunder Client Limited as "us" or "we" throughout these Terms.
When using our Services requires an account, you agree to provide us with complete and accurate information and to keep the information current so that we can communicate with you about your account. We may need to send you emails about notable updates to let you know about legal inquiries or complaints we receive about the ways you use our Services so you can make informed choices in response.
We may limit your access to our Services until we’re able to verify your account information, like your email address.
When you create a Thunder Client account, we consider that to be an inquiry about our products and services, which means that we may also contact you to share more details about what we have to offer (i.e., marketing). Don’t worry — if you aren’t interested, you can opt out of the marketing communications.
You’re solely responsible and liable for all activity under your account. You’re also fully responsible for maintaining the security of your account (which includes keeping your password secure). We’re not liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of your acts or omissions.
You may not use the Services or Software for any illegal activities. You must not, in your use of the Services or Software, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). Should you engage in any illegal activities through the Services, you agree to hold Thunder Client blameless and not liable for any damages or crimes that may occur as a result. Without limiting its remedies, Thunder Client may also immediately cancel your account and delete all data in it.
Responsibility of Visitors and Users
We haven’t reviewed, and can’t review, all of the content made available through our Services by users or anyone else (“Content”) or on websites that link to, or are linked from, our Services. We’re not responsible for any use or effects of Content or third-party websites. So, for example:
- We don’t have any control over third-party websites.
- A link to or from one of our Services does not represent or imply that we endorse any third-party website.
- We don’t endorse any Content or represent that Content is accurate, useful, or not harmful. Content could be offensive, indecent, or objectionable; include technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors; or violate or infringe the privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of third parties.
- We aren’t responsible for any harm resulting from anyone’s access, use, purchase, or downloading of Content, or for any harm resulting from third-party websites. You’re responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- Any Content that’s for sale through any of our Services is the seller’s sole responsibility, so you must look solely to the seller for any damages that result from your purchase or use of Content.
- We are not a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability for, any communications, transactions, interactions, or disputes between you and the provider of any Content.
- Please note that additional third-party terms and conditions may apply to Content you download, copy, purchase, or use.
Subscription is required to use the extension software and sharing features by teams
Billing: By using a Paid Service, you agree to pay the specified fees. Depending on the Paid Service, there may be different kinds of recurring fees, we’ll bill or charge you in the automatically-renewing interval (such as monthly or annually) you select, on a pre-pay basis until you cancel, which you can do at any time.
Taxes: To the extent permitted by law, or unless explicitly stated otherwise, all fees do not include applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, value-added, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees, or charges (“Taxes”). You’re responsible for paying all applicable Taxes relating to your use of our Services, your payments, or your purchases. If we’re obligated to pay or collect Taxes on the fees you’ve paid or will pay, you’re responsible for those Taxes, and we may collect payment.Payment: If your payment fails, Paid Services are otherwise not paid for or paid for on time (for example, if you contact your bank or credit card company to decline or reverse the charge of fees for Paid Services), or we suspect a payment is fraudulent, we may immediately cancel or revoke your access to Paid Services without notice to you.
Automatic Renewal: To ensure uninterrupted service, recurring Paid Services are automatically renewed. This means that unless you cancel a Paid Service before the end of the applicable subscription period, it will automatically renew, and you authorize us to use any payment mechanism we have on record for you, like credit cards or invoice you (in which case payment is due within 15 days) to collect the then-applicable subscription fee as well as any Taxes. By default, your Paid Services will be renewed for the same interval as your original subscription period, so for example, if you purchase a one-year subscription to a Thunder Client plan, you’ll be charged each year for access for another 12-month period. We may charge your account up to one month before the end of the subscription period to make sure pesky billing issues don’t inadvertently disrupt your access to our Services. The date for the automatic renewal is based on the date of the original purchase and cannot be changed.
To review renewal dates and manage subscriptions for Paid Services, please view the Thunder Client admin website.
You’ll need to check your email (including in spam or other filters) for any reminder emails we might send you before your Paid Services renew.
Cancelling Automatic Renewal: You can manage and cancel your Paid Services at the respective Service’s website. For example, you can manage all of your Thunder Client plans through our website.
Fees and Changes: We may change our fees at any time in accordance with these Terms and requirements under applicable law. This means that we may change our fees going forward, start charging fees for Services that were previously free, or remove or update features or functionality that were previously included in the fees. If you don’t agree with the changes, you must cancel your Paid Service.
Refunds: All fees are payable in advance and are non-refundable. Subscription changes are prorated..
Thunder Client CLI
- A subscription is required to use the Thunder Client CLI locally and on CI & CD build servers. Please see our website for plans and payment terms.
- There is no analytics tracking used in the Thunder Client CLI. So when you run CLI in the CI and CD build pipelines, there is zero tracking and no data is shared with us.
- When CLI is used locally along the extension, basic anonymized analytics data is collected in the extension, which can be turned off as mentioned here.
- The free version software has limited features suitable for individuals to use for personal or business purposes.
- The free version software is solely for individual use and can be used by any company of any size.
- No CLI: The free version software users are not allowed to use Thunder Client CLI.
- No Sharing: The user is not allowed to share collections and environments created using the free version with other team members. The user is also not allowed to import collections and environments shared by other team members.
- Exception 1: If your company's revenue or funding is less than 1 million dollars, then you can share or import collections and environments with other team members.
- Exception 2: If you are developing open source software, then you can share or import collections and environments related to the open source software.
- The Starter Plan provides an affordable solution for companies to access Thunder Client's premium features, with the ability to purchase up to 5 seats per company.
- If you need to add more than 5 seats then you either upgrade to a Business plan or purchase a Business plan with a separate account.
- Priority Support: A minimum purchase of 10 seats is required to qualify for priority support.
- Payment by Invoice: A minimum purchase of 10-25 seats is required to qualify for payment by invoice, depending on the complexity of the customer's invoicing process.
- Support Hours: Our support hours are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Ireland time) on working days. We may be able to provide support outside of these hours, depending on the priority of the issue and our availability.
Modifications to the Services and Prices
Thunder Client reserves the right to change the prices of any plans and all Services or Software at any time.
Thunder Client will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or Software.
Thunder Client reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to modify or discontinue the Services or Software, temporarily or permanently.